Chewie, we're home

Discussion in 'Reception Area' started by ScottyDave, Jul 4, 2020.

1. ScottyDave

ScottyDave Donator
    Donator

Hello again SGC Community it's been... a long old time!

A few of you old-schoolers will remember me, I was prominent around 8-10 years ago back in the era of politics, transition, expansion and ultimately, decline. In my position I oversaw the dying out of the old Admin guard and the influx of a fresh young generation of mods, some I see are still with you guys today which makes me happy.

I fought tooth and nail against the merger with End Effect Gaming, but eventually had to accept it as it would be apparently the only way to survive, however this brought about a toxic culture of politics, scheming and attempts at over-expansion which let to a scenario where I was forced against my will to choose sides. Unfortunately I chose the latter, following which I watched them tear themselves apart, turn on me and kill Naval Play forever, or so I thought until I stumbled back here just today to see the community alive and well, and seemingly refreshed!

Long have I wished to return to this community which for so long was everything to me, in which I invested fully in it and Naval Play and I'm so happy to see that you guys kept it alive despite the past decisions and politics! Just know I always had Naval Play in my heart and I hated more than anything to have to have chosen a side in the division of the community.

I wish I could go back and change the decisions that were made about Naval Play and her community that led to it's decline, but for now I'm keen to get back in and resurrect my scourge of the seas, my beloved and undefeated Armidillo! (which as i found out is still in my dupe files from 8 years ago somehow!)

God it's good to be home after all this time <3

#1 ScottyDave, Jul 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
  2. sernikb2

sernikb2 Dreams about cheese
    Server Administrator

Welcome back!

3. Turner605

Turner605 Death Laser Advocate
    Server Administrator

Your ship might need a bit of an update if it wants to try and keep that title.

4. Fleet Admiral Fox

Fleet Admiral Fox New Member
    Server Administrator

5. Yew

Yew Server Moderator
    Server Moderator

Welcome back!