Accepted Suppressor / Anodyne ban appeal.

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by Anodyne, Jul 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anodyne

Anodyne New Member

GN (in game name)*: Suppressor / Anodyne

Which server have you been banned? Naval Play 2

What is the name of the admin who banned you?
    Captain Barry

What is the reason of your ban?*
    :
    "Not the sort of personality we want on our server..."

Have you been banned from SGC Naval before?*
    :
    Never.

Why should we unban or unmute you?*
    :
    This is clearly an emotional defense against one's act.
    On the server, just like any day, I was playing on the server. I was having fun with the player named Barglab. While flying on my plane, due to some lag spikes, I crashed into the lower platform of the rig. (I don't know why, maybe somebody spawned something) And clearly my plane was jammed against the wall, I couldn't take off. When I got off my seat, I was stuck in the ground so I removed the plane, and killed myself. Then, I was AFK for around 20 minutes for dinner. Once I came back, I was kicked for "Landing plane on oilrig and using 4 guns in the nose of plane. Read the rules please (SGC | Captain Barry)" Which he could have mistaken, and I just wanted an explanation and to make things clear. I came back on the server and I tried talking to him or asking. Chat record will be pasted below. I tried talking to him and he did not reply for 15 to 20 minutes. After a while, he had said "I don't feel like trying to argue with someone who seems to think the rules don't apply to them". That attitude right there is unjust. I just wanted an explanation, but by his thoughts, he already had classified me as a person who would argue with him without him even explaining what I've done wrong. The plane I had clearly had 2 guns on nose and that was it, no bombs or other guns due to me having low on money.

Before all this, I had fun with many other regular players, we had much fun, we built together and all until this one admin came on.

If all the things that Captain Barry had mentioned was right, then I should be already banned by now by Warguy, Sernik and Tzatziki(EDITED PART) as I always enjoy my time and be in the play often with them.

Chat record from Console:

Edit: Just noticed, throughout the chat record, when I removed my plane at base to chat, only two turrets were salvaged which were on my plane's nose. I've colored them red.

But first, I apologize for being very rude. I was unable to control my awful anger. I am sorry. Thank you.

Anodyne: Captain Barry
    Anodyne: You here now?
    SGC | Captain Barry: I never left
    Like to chat? Consider joining our Discord at https://discord.gg/kRcv32m !
    Anodyne: Oh, so you were ignoring me
    TRIGGERED!!!
    RoyalConquest Before if: nil
    FrenchConquest Before if: nil
    8Gold for destroying an enemy prop.
    2Gold for destroying an enemy prop.
    SGC | Captain Barry: I don't feel like trying to argue with someone who seems to think the rules don't apply to them
    Anodyne: So could you explain why I was kicked?
    Anodyne: No, it seems like you have mistaken something and you don't want to admit it
    Vickers Turret salvaged for 26 Gold.
    Vickers Turret salvaged for 26 Gold.

Anodyne: I'm not here to argue, I just want some explanation
    Anodyne: if you can't explain, then you should step off the admin position
    SGC | Captain Barry: Tell me, why would I make up something like that if this is the first time i've even met you?
    Anodyne: Uh, your reasons for the kick was somehow valid, but I did not deserve it
    [GOH] Odhran Johnston has left the server.
    [GOH] Odhran Johnston has connected to the server.
    Anodyne: In the reason, it was mentioned that I had 4 guns on my nose
    Anodyne: But I clearly do not?
    Anodyne: Do you want to check my plane?
    Barglab suicided!
    Anodyne: Sigh, good server getting pissed off by admins lol
    SGC | Captain Barry: If you want to keep baiting and lying I can just ban you. You're the whole reason I'm an admin in the first place, people like
    SGC | Captain Barry: you who come onto servers just to kick up a fuss
    Selected Team: 3
    Anodyne: You created the fuss
    Anodyne: Baiting and lying
    Forgot a rule?
    Don't worry, you can find them by pressing F1!
    SGC | Captain Barry: You're only digging yourself a deeper hole by lying over and over again
    Anodyne: Are you black mailing me now?
    SGC | Captain Barry: What? You just proved my point that you're just here to bait. When did I blackmail you?
    Anodyne: You are contradicting my purpose to be on the server, I'm not here to bait, rather to play
    Anodyne: and you sure is black mailing that you can simply ban me, regardless of justified decision to do so
    SGC | Captain Barry: If you really are here to just play then why are you lying about what you did? You only got a kick, so you could have just
    SGC | Captain Barry: went on with your day
    SGC | Captain Barry: But you chose to push it further
    Anodyne: Then why can't you simply prove me that I'm wrong?
    Anodyne: Also, in the reason you stated that I landed on the rig
    Anodyne: But in fact, I crashed into it due to control failures, I couldn't take off again, it was jammed in the wall
    SGC | Captain Barry: Because if nobody trusted my word I wouldn't be an admin would I? I don't have to screenshot everything to prove it
    Anodyne: if you don't have evidence, you got nothing
    Majr. Wolf was killed by worldspawn
    Warning: killicon not found 'worldspawn'
    themaxx06 suicided!
    Anodyne: Just because you are an admin, your words aren't the truth. You're basically saying corrupted politicians are always right
    Majr. Wolf was killed by worldspawn
    SGC | Captain Barry: And there's the bait
    Anodyne: You're literally classifying me as a bait, which is a discrimination
    Anodyne: and all these are according to your dictionary without no supporting evidences
    Freddy "The Freak"_*|DG|*_ suicided!
    Forgot a rule?
    Don't worry, you can find them by pressing F1!
    [AdvDupe2Notify] Pasting...
    Warning: Unhandled usermessage 'Undone'
    [AdvDupe2Notify] Finished Pasting!
    ] retry
    Commencing connection retry to 89.35.29.10:27165
    Connecting to 89.35.29.10:27165...
    You have been banned from this server!!!
    Ban Reason: Not the sort of personality we want on our server (Lying, Baiting, breaking server rules, arguing just for the sake of it). You can write an appeal at http://sgc-clan.com/forums/
    Ban Expires: Never (Per

Extra: I've been on the server for 3 to 5 days, and I really enjoyed it. I lived here. Like, literally. Well, I was passionate to play here, but I've always wondered why there aren't many players. But now, I understand why.

#1 Anodyne, Jul 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2017
  2. Georgianna

Georgianna Naval Officer and Shipwright
    Server Administrator

Well for one thing, Anodyne, you didn't post the whole chat log, this is taken from our Discord-server chat link:

[
    9:54 AM] BOTNaval Play: SGC | Captain Barry (STEAM_0:1:50296399) has joined SGC-Clan.com | Naval Play 2 Beta! Join at steam://connect/89.35.29.10:27165
    [9:54 AM] BOT[Naval Play] Barglab: two planes landed on the rig
    [9:55 AM] BOT[Naval Play] Barglab: fucking amazing
    [9:55 AM] BOT[Naval Play] Marki: make screenshots
    [9:57 AM] BOTNaval Play: Anodyne (STEAM_0:0:60427179) has left SGC-Clan.com | Naval Play 2 Beta ({reason})! Join at steam://connect/89.35.29.10:27165
    [9:57 AM] BOT[Naval Play] Marki: rip
    [9:58 AM] BOT[Naval Play] SGC | Captain Barry: Well I'm here now so if something shitty happens tell me
    [10:01 AM] BOTNaval Play: Anodyne (STEAM_0:0:60427179) has joined SGC-Clan.com | Naval Play 2 Beta! Join at steam://connect/89.35.29.10:27165
    [10:01 AM] BOT[Naval Play] Anodyne: Uh
    [10:01 AM] BOT[Naval Play] Anodyne: Why was I kicked?
    [10:02 AM] BOT[Naval Play] Anodyne: I was clearly away and I got kicked for having 2 guns on my nose + landing on the rig?
    [10:02 AM] BOT[Naval Play] Anodyne: Which I obvious did not.
    [10:02 AM] BOT[Naval Play] Anodyne: Captain Barry.
    [10:03 AM] BOT[Naval Play] Anodyne: Impulsive decision you have made, Captain Barry
    [10:03 AM] BOT[Naval Play] Anodyne: >Does not even want to reply
    [10:05 AM] BOT[Naval Play] Anodyne: Oops
    [10:05 AM] BOT[Naval Play] Anodyne: Captain Barry
    [10:05 AM] BOT[Naval Play] Anodyne: You here now?
    [10:05 AM] BOT[Naval Play] SGC | Captain Barry: I never left
    [10:06 AM] BOT[Naval Play] Anodyne: Oh, so you were ignoring me
    [10:06 AM] BOT[Naval Play] Anodyne: Damn, some admins are irresponsible as fuck
    [10:07 AM] BOT[Naval Play] SGC | Captain Barry: I don't feel like trying to argue with someone who seems to think the rules don't apply to them
    [10:07 AM] BOT[Naval Play] Anodyne: So could you explain why I was kicked?
    [10:07 AM] BOT[Naval Play] Anodyne: No, it seems like you have mistaken something and you don't want to admit it
    [10:07 AM] BOT[Naval Play] Anodyne: I'm not here to argue, I just want some explanation
    [10:08 AM] BOT[Naval Play] Anodyne: if you can't explain, then you should step off the admin position
    [10:08 AM] BOT[Naval Play] SGC | Captain Barry: Tell me, why would I make up something like that if this is the first time i've even met you?
    [10:08 AM] BOT[Naval Play] Anodyne: Uh, your reasons for the kick was somehow valid, but I did not deserve it
    [10:08 AM] BOTNaval Play: [GOH] Odhran Johnston (STEAM_0:1:46612368) has left SGC-Clan.com | Naval Play 2 Beta ({reason})! Join at steam://connect/89.35.29.10:27165
    [10:08 AM] BOT[Naval Play] Anodyne: In the reason, it was mentioned that I had 4 guns on my nose
    [10:08 AM] BOT[Naval Play] Anodyne: But I clearly do not?
    [10:08 AM] BOTNaval Play: [GOH] Odhran Johnston (STEAM_0:1:46612368) has joined SGC-Clan.com | Naval Play 2 Beta! Join at steam://connect/89.35.29.10:27165
    [10:09 AM] BOT[Naval Play] Anodyne: Do you want to check my plane?
    [10:09 AM] BOT[Naval Play] Anodyne: Sigh, good server getting pissed off by admins lol
    [10:10 AM] BOT[Naval Play] SGC | Captain Barry: If you want to keep baiting and lying I can just ban you. You're the whole reason I'm an admin in the first place, people like
    [10:10 AM] BOT[Naval Play] SGC | Captain Barry: you who come onto servers just to kick up a fuss
    [10:10 AM] BOT[Naval Play] Anodyne: You created the fuss
    [10:10 AM] BOT[Naval Play] Anodyne: Baiting and lying
    [10:10 AM] BOT[Naval Play] Anodyne: Are you black mailing me now?
    [10:10 AM] BOT[Naval Play] SGC | Captain Barry: You're only digging yourself a deeper hole by lying over and over again
    [10:11 AM] BOT[Naval Play] SGC | Captain Barry: What? You just proved my point that you're just here to bait. When did I blackmail you?
    [10:11 AM] BOT[Naval Play] Anodyne: You are contradicting my purpose to be on the server, I'm not here to bait, rather to play
    [10:11 AM] BOT[Naval Play] Anodyne: and you sure is black mailing that you can simply ban me, regardless of justified decision to do so
    [10:12 AM] BOT[Naval Play] SGC | Captain Barry: If you really are here to just play then why are you lying about what you did? You only got a kick, so you could have just
    [10:12 AM] BOT[Naval Play] SGC | Captain Barry: went on with your day
    [10:12 AM] BOT[Naval Play] SGC | Captain Barry: But you chose to push it further
    [10:12 AM] BOT[Naval Play] Anodyne: Then why can't you simply prove me that I'm wrong?
    [10:12 AM] BOT[Naval Play] Anodyne: Also, in the reason you stated that I landed on the rig
    [10:13 AM] BOT[Naval Play] Anodyne: But in fact, I crashed into it due to control failures, I couldn't take off again, it was jammed in the wall
    [10:13 AM] BOT[Naval Play] SGC | Captain Barry: Because if nobody trusted my word I wouldn't be an admin would I? I don't have to screenshot everything to prove it
    [10:13 AM] BOT[Naval Play] Anodyne: if you don't have evidence, you got nothing
    [10:14 AM] BOT[Naval Play] Anodyne: Just because you are an admin, your words aren't the truth. You're basically saying corrupted politicians are always right
    [10:14 AM] BOT[Naval Play] SGC | Captain Barry: And there's the bait
    [10:14 AM] BOT[Naval Play] Anodyne: You're literally classifying me as a bait, which is a discrimination
    [10:14 AM] BOT[Naval Play] Anodyne: and all these are according to your dictionary without no supporting evidences
    [10:16 AM] BOTNaval Play: Anodyne (STEAM_0:0:60427179) has left SGC-Clan.com | Naval Play 2 Beta ({reason})! Join at steam://connect/89.35.29.10:27165
    [10:17 AM] BOT[Naval Play] SGC | Captain Barry: Not a very pleasant person. You get enough of those in real life, I won't stand any here
    [[10:17 AM] BOT[Naval Play] Freddy "The Frea...: good job barry!
    [10:17 AM] BOT[Naval Play] Majr. Wolf: Finally
    [10:17 AM] BOT[Naval Play] SGC | Captain Barry: Was he giving other people a hard time too?
    [10:18 AM] BOT[Naval Play] Freddy "The Frea...: not that i know of, but the way he was talking to you was not acceptable

From the very beginning, I saw that you approached the situation with a very cheeky and obnoxious attitude, that was a big mistake when dealing with an admin. You were being borderline rude with him, and that alone deserves a "time out" ban. Now I can't post an opinion on the aeroplane kick (due to noone having any proof of either side, but I trust Barry's decision), but I can safely say with the way you responded to the situation, I would have chosen the same action as Barry.

3. Anodyne

Anodyne New Member

Anodyne: WOW
    Anodyne: BARG
    Anodyne: HOW DARE YOU
    Barglab: :^)
    Barglab: sup
    SGC | Captain Barry has connected to the server.
    Barglab: wow they hurt players now
    Anodyne suicided!
    Barglab: two planes landed on the rig
    Barglab: fucking amazing
    Marki: make screenshots
    Got money burning in your pockets?
    Please consider helping out with the upkeep of the server!
    Contact Altair for more information on donator features.
    Barglab was killed by worldspawn
    Warning: killicon not found 'worldspawn'
    Disconnect: "Landing plane on oilrig and using 4 guns in the nose of plane. Read the rules please (SGC | Captain Barry)".
    Disconnect: "Landing plane on oilrig and using 4 guns in the nose of plane. Read the rules please (SGC | Captain Barry)".

Just in case you assume that I have lied again, and edited the console records that I pasted above:

[​IMG]

#3 Anodyne, Jul 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  4. Georgianna

Georgianna Naval Officer and Shipwright
    Server Administrator

Noone has accused you of "lying", I simply said you did not post the entire chat logs, which may have be accidental. Either way I still stand by Barry's decision, you should serve a "staff disrespect" ban at the very least. At best you could ask Barry to shorten it.

Anodyne likes this.
  5. Anodyne

Anodyne New Member

Thank you for your kind reply! Sorry, I've been accused and claimed to be a bait and a liar in the game chat. However, I look forward to play this game again. Again, thank you. Hopefully Mr. Barry sees this post.

And yes of course. I do believe I deserve to be punished for my impulsive actions and attitude towards the others.

6. Altair

Altair Buoyancy Sucks
    Server Administrator

That is exactly what we're deciding on what to do.

7. Captain Barry

Captain Barry Toby Larone
    Server Administrator

Hello again Anodyne, I'll keep this brief because I need to do house work.

Unlike animefan I will in-fact accuse you of lying. Here's one: http://prntscr.com/futzel - Bit of an exaggeration seeing as in reality it was less than five minutes.

Here's another: http://prntscr.com/fuucp7 - You have lied in this unban request about being refunded for two vickers turrets. I deleted your plane with the 'delete disconnected players entities' option in the admin CP, so you never would have got a refund at all.

You have clearly manipulated evidence and exaggerated your claims to make me out as a lying, abusive admin.

The logs provided by Animefan is more than enough to keep you permanently banned.
    Luckily for you however, I don't value my pride higher than the servers survival.

I'm lowering your ban from permanent to one week. Here's why;
    Naval Play as you have no doubt seen is suffering from a withering playerbase, so permanent bans have to be considered even more now than they were before. (Believe it or not more than 2 seconds of thought went into choosing your ban time)

After your week ban has expired and if you still feel like playing, any further rule breakage will get you permed again, depending on it's severity.

8. Anodyne

Anodyne New Member

Thank you for your decision, but I would like to make it clear once again that the two Vickers turret that I salvaged in the logs are when I was flying again after being kicked, and I salvaged it after I have destroyed some opponents and to chat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.