Pond Domination (Gamemode Idea)

Discussion in 'Your Works' started by KonnarKaiser118, Mar 21, 2017.

1. KonnarKaiser118

KonnarKaiser118 Clan Member
    Clan Member

Hello all,
    I have come to propose a gamemode that might be of interest to some of you.

Pond Domination:
    PD is a "free for all" version of Naval Play. Instead of having 4 set factions, players have the option to sail alone or with small squads as they can found small factions among friends.

The squad system works a lot like the one in the "Flood" gamemode for an example.

However, the NP2 building systems remain the same with or without the upcoming NP content depending on the preference of the host.

It is entirely possible that everyone will go to one squad faction and the entire premise will be irrelevant. Thats why I also propose having reduced income etc if squads get too big. This will keep players spread even.

The current NP2 map could suffice, however, a map with a small island system surrounded by just ocean would be optimal.

For events, "Boss Ships" could appear (Piloted by Mods/Admins/SGC Members). Maybe they would belong to the British and French factions who wish to colonise the map. Players would come together to battle the threat at hand to ensure their safety.

Thats all I can think of right now, I have no capability to produce maps or gamemodes so this is essentially an idea someone could use.

Please feel free to criticise or remove the thread if it isnt being viewed.
    Thankyou
    -Konnar

sernikb2 likes this.
  2. Altair

Altair Buoyancy Sucks
    Server Administrator

I see this happening as a round based and with prefab ships...

3. KonnarKaiser118

KonnarKaiser118 Clan Member
    Clan Member

Potentially, although a round-based version could end up a lot like Flood depending on round time. With less experienced players unable to build too well, Prefabs would be essential, although the option to create vehicles should still be available.

Instead of using just prefabs, maybe simplify the building techniques. Make use of engine/hub blocks and weapon controllers to keep systems in check compared to vehicle size.