New damage system, and other stuff.

Discussion in 'Naval Play Discussion' started by Serkr, Oct 31, 2017.

?

Add the it somewhere in the future?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. In some other variant

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Serkr

Serkr New Member

So i've noticed how weird the damage system in naval play is, when you for example shoot alot of the major props out of a ship it still manages to float. All this is because of a magical tool called Buoyancy tool.

So my idea is that instead of shooting props until it has 0 health and it just disappears the coding could be remade to remove buoyancy instead, to make the ship actually sink like a real ship.
    Now to shoot the buoyancy out of an entire ship would take a long time.
    So maybe depending on the size of a ship all the health of each prop is put togheter, and when that health is at maybe 50% all the props will lose some buoyancy, and at 0 - 10 it will start to sink. But that would lead to players only making huge ships, so maybe big ships can be slower, and smaller ships much faster?

So that there would be advantages to having a small ship, and some other advantages to having a big ship. And perhaps some anti "big ship" weapons could be added to make them easier to sink. or we could use already existing weapons like SDG. Also the old damage system could be kept for smaller props.

I could imagine this damage system leading to some pretty epic situations where ships are at the verge of sinking but managing to sink the enemy ship first, or trying to escape a sinking ship alive, you get the idea.

This is just an idea that could be for the near or far future of naval play, i really think that it would make combat more fun and immersive.

Don't forget to comment what you think <3

#1 Serkr, Oct 31, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2017