Increase Of powder cannon limit

Discussion in 'Naval Play Discussion' started by FrankyBabe, Aug 11, 2017.

1. FrankyBabe

FrankyBabe New Member

Hey im a loyal and old player on the naval play 2 server, its been in my heart for years and now that stronger and more reliable cannons like serniks sdg extension, i think we should increase the powder cannon limit from 16 to atleast 25. i know alot of players dont like it but if damage from the cannons are decreased and limit increased it will still be fair. we have a player VulcanRampage, he has built a nice ship which is supposed to be the hms victory, and she just have 8 cannons each side and each time she has met combat on server she has been destroyed because the cannons she had on her wasnt enough to stand a chance. even with artillery she got 1 shotted, all armour gone, sunked in 2 shots by artillery. so i decided i would add my 16 cannons to hes ship which gave us 28 cannons. we tried against ships with sdg armament but we did minimal damage, we got instantly destroyed by the sdg guns. we had tons of armour on the ship, and cannons barerly scratched the paint on theire ships. so if a increase of powder cannon limit is possible then i would recommend increase to 25 cannons or 30. when we put my cannons with hes 16 cannons there was no lag. only lag from other ships and mingy players with uncollied and unparented ships. players like daniel thinks the cannons will lag the server but it wont. they dont even collide with anything. so altair please take this into consideration. it will make things more fair for players who enjoy making ships from 18th century and gives them a lil more chance against the sdg ships. i cant even take my uss constitution out of the port before i get 1 shotted by a guy with sdg artillery and turrets.

2. Altair

Altair Buoyancy Sucks
    Server Administrator

SDG does need a little balancing indeed. Unfortunately the cannons itself when well used can be quite laggy at 8 per broadside. You can test this by doing the grapeshot with 8 cannons close range with another ship.

3. FrankyBabe

FrankyBabe New Member

i thought there were only 1 type of ammo, the normal with 1 cannon ball. me and another player has done some testing, we put 32 cannons on hes ship. we fired all at once, not any lag at all, but if you think it might lag with more players then you can decrease the particles from after you have fired the cannons :). and its most likely that everyone is going to be using sdg only from now on, might be people that loves making ships with powder cannons to get that realism, but a slight increase in the limit wont exactly do any harm to the server if you. decrease particles. if you think its bad then its bad you have the final words. :) 24068.jpg

4. Captain Barry

Captain Barry Toby Larone
    Server Administrator

Discussions have already taken place and some still going about the state of cannons upon the release of the sdg extension. The best alternative that has been come up with so far has been to change the fire rate and/or damage of cannons to compensate for their lack of flexibility compared to sdg turrets. Although having lots of cannons on a ship is nice for realism and satisfaction, the server wouldn't be able to handle the large increase in entities. In the end it would make gameplay worse than better

5. collot999

collot999 New Member

Actually, there are more then a single ammo tipe for standard canons