Rejected False Ban

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by WyattClutter, Dec 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WyattClutter

WyattClutter New Member

Animefan False banned Aden Weaver i have screenshots of anime saying he banned aden for being annoying Please help

Attached Files:

2. WyattClutter

WyattClutter New Member

Aden Weavers Steam Id is: STEAM_0:1:174036630

3. Georgianna

Georgianna Naval Officer and Shipwright
    Server Administrator

In the screenshot, it clearly shows I said "because he was obnoxious, cheeky and tried to dodge his ban repeatedly", so you're already trying to get your friend unbanned by misrepresenting what I said. You're not off to not a good start, mate. Regardless I will do this for you, I will post here the text that got Aden banned in the first place:

[CS]ADEN WEEVER: well i gtg to bed by
    SGC | Animefan162a: Bye
    [CS]ADEN WEEVER: nigger faggots to the kids for christmas
    Player [CS]ADEN WEEVER left the game (Disconnect by user.)
    [CS]ADEN WEEVER has left the server.
    SGC | Animefan162a: ... mhmmm yeah no.
    SGC | Animefan162a: writes ban

And I will also yet again (I did this before when you came to me in the very conversation you took screenshots of) and leave the THREE (3) bans I gave him:
    http://sgc-clan.com/forums/bans/aden-weever.65/ (The ban for the above posted text)
    http://sgc-clan.com/forums/bans/just-a-user.66/ (one of the 7 or so times he changed his name to try and reconnect to the server without me kicking him.)
    and finally http://sgc-clan.com/forums/bans/cs-aden-weaver.68/ (For when I had lost my patience having to continually kick him for reconnecting because our ban system wasn't fully functioning at the time.)

The first ban I gave, was a megre 1-day ban. All he had to bloody do, was serve it.

I will bring the other staff members' attention to this topic.

4. Captain Barry

Captain Barry Toby Larone
    Server Administrator

Helllo WyattClutter,

Let me start off by saying that the unban for your friend isn't going to go anywhere, let me explain why:
    In order to have sufficient evidence to appeal a ban, your evidence must directly prove that the banned user did not do what the ban states they did. For example; If I ban someone for landing a plane on the oil rig, and they then post a video recording showing that they did not in-fact land on the oil rig then that is sufficient evidence to appeal a ban. Posting screenshots of Animefan talking about a ban in chat is not sufficient evidence.
    Not only that, but dodging bans is a serious offence. Dodging bans completely uses up an administrators/moderators time because he/she has to spend all of it looking for you and making sure you receive your ban. In that time he could be helping other players with learning the gamemode and banning other rulebreakers, ensuring that the people playing on the server have a fun experience playing here. By dodging a ban you are causing a large disruption to the server that we do not want. Aden was banned for such a large time because Animefan took his previous bans and his current actions into consideration as well. Repeat offenders receive a larger and larger punishment as they continue to break rules.

Thank you for your time.

5. Captain Barry

Captain Barry Toby Larone
    Server Administrator

WyattClutter, if you do not reply with a valid response/argument in 48 hours then I will be closing this appeal.

6. WyattClutter

WyattClutter New Member

If he changed his name so many times show screenshots of it not just saying it as that isnt proof Anime

7. Georgianna

Server Administrator

Granted the ban log is only one example, as I only re-banned him the first time he changed his name. The following 6 times I kicked him instead of ban because I could tell the ban system was not working properly.
    However The ban logs are proof, look at the SteamID of JUSTAUSER and compare it to Aden's SteamID.

8. Georgianna

Server Administrator

Due to a lack of credible evidence to appeal the ban this thread is now closed. You can file a new appeal in 2 months time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.