Accepted Dankey, Ban appeal

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by Dankey, May 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dankey

Dankey New Member

I'm sorry for a second ban appeal, but my mind has cleared now and I would like to have a chance to debate in my clearest state. so altair please don't remove this :p

GN (in game name)*: Dankey

Which server have you been banned? Naval Play 2

What is the name of the admin who banned you? Joku

What is the reason of your ban?*: "Prop spamming to restart the server"

Have you been banned from SGC Naval before?*: I can't remember, i've played for nearly 3 years

Why should we unban or unmute you?*:

I am a good player, I have never minged before and i cannot remember the last time i was banned,
    yet I am recieving the same(sortof, i know it whould usually be perma) punishment as someone who maliciously attempts to crash the server to stop others from playing, i did it SO other players could play, it is compeltely different circumstances,
    my crime was an error of judgment in how to fix the problem stopping the playerbase from playing
    While my ban was reduced, 3 months for an error of judgment is hardly fair in my honest opinion, other players can testify that i would never, ever do something like this maliousy
    You gain nothing to lose by unbanning me, if i try to crash the server again (Which i Guarentee I wont) Ban me, fine, but i feel my lesson has already been learned and by unbanning me,
    you stand to gain another player, that would otherwise be boosting the server player count and helping other players, only helping the community
    My argument rests, I am being punished for a crime i feel I did not commit, I had an error of judgment that caused me to crash the server,
    the only reason i came to you guys about this is that the server failed to restart, which is beyond my control,
    If anything me coming to the admins only solidifes my case that what i did was merely (A rather large) error of judgment,
    I am truley sorry for what I did but I have always loved this server and I love the community, I would appreciate it greatly if i were to be unbanned.

EDIT: I didn't crash the server alone, but i have taken a pretty big punishment because i was the one honest enough to come forwards.

Festive Doctor likes this.
  2. Raptorblade

Raptorblade Donator
    Donator

Takes some balls to post a ban appeal, get your ban time halved then make another one asking to be unbanned completely, especially when it shouldn't have been reduced in the first place since there's clear evidence of your actions.

3. sernikb2

sernikb2 Dreams about cheese
    Server Administrator

[​IMG]

But in all seriousness I know you tried to achieve the good thing by doing something idiotic, placing yourself in the same position as some incredible specimens coming to the sandbox-like servers only to destroy them and ruin everything for others.
    I believe you should be unbanned - your intentions were clear and you are probably now the only person I know that wont even attempt to crash the server this way by now. Ba! you even informed Joku about the situation and about what have you done.
    I fu**** up many things too but thats the part of life, we break things - we learn by doing this. While your punishment is by all means fair it does not serve any purpose now in my opinion.

Its still up to Joku to decide ... and well you were rude to him so... good luck i guess...

Festive Doctor likes this.
  4. Festive Doctor

Festive Doctor Donator
    Donator

I have read your ban appeal and I have to agree with Sernikb here, this ban has already outlived it's purpose of correction, all it is doing now is punishing. Sure, I am no stranger to breaking rules on the server (Intentionally or unintentionally), But I never do it maliciously and so all I have received is basically some 6 hour bans. You are the last person I would ever assume to maliciously crash the server, the fact that you even went to Joku just further shows me this was non malicious, yet you are receiving a very long punishment? Now I know that my opinion probably isn't worth much, but i have never seen Dankey try to crash the server, heck I have never seen him break a rule. This is why, even if it means nothing, I am going to have to say +Shipport to this ban appeal.

5. Joku

Joku New Member
    Server Moderator

I've been quite busy, sorry for not answering in time.

I really hope you learned your lesson. You have been a good player before, but the thing you did was seriously quite idiotic as Sern said. Instead of trying to crash the server to restart it, contact an admin next time so this will not happen again. Stay as a good player. I promise I will ban you permanently if you'll do something like this again.

Anyways, you're unbanned.
    (Don't be rude towards others, and use your brain.)

6. Dankey

Dankey New Member

Thank you so much.

7. Captain Barry

Captain Barry Toby Larone
    Server Administrator

Please do not do +/- supports on ban appeals. This isn't an SGC clan application.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.