Bleeding Sky

Discussion in 'Your Works' started by Yew, Mar 7, 2017.

?

Is this worth my time?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Yew

Yew Server Moderator
    Server Moderator

Bleeding Sky - A Steampunk Airship Gamemode.
    Herrow, I decided to work on a gamemode that's like a parody of Navalplay, it's gonna focus aerial-based combat instead of naval-based combat, its gonna be steampunk theme and will have some resources to maintain your airship, such as fuel, ammo, and air, It will also account more on teamwork to run a successful airship, such as repairing, reloading, etc. I may or may not finish this, if I do, I dunno what i'll do with it, but I have waaaaaay too much free time. I'll post some screenshots 'n such.

Map:
    I might make one, although the current one I test on is:
    md_ironsky_a6
    Although I really would like to find/make a different map later, this map doesn't have large enough building space, and its quite small.

Planned Features:
    Simple resource system for airships.
    Custom HUD, Menus, ETC.
    Money system (Of course)
    Storage system (For weapons, loot, etc)
    Treasure hunting system.
    Events, (Such as sky-pirate npcs attack 'n such)

Screenshots:
    The Team Selection Menu when/if I add more teams, it will scroll left and right with a character model preview:[​IMG]
    Logo And Icon:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Hud, (This is my first legit hud, and stuff is animated, like the gears and healthbars).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'll probably never get all this done, but it cant hurt to think. Please recommend stuff for me.

#1 Yew, Mar 7, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    sernikb2 likes this.
  2. KonnarKaiser118

KonnarKaiser118 Clan Member
    Clan Member

I would love to see this go through, I've played Guns of Icarus and it sounds a bit like this, however, my friends also have gmod so I can get them involved in this, it sounds great!

My only concern is how you get around making the airships, fins and thrusters etc would be complex for beginners and hoverballs is just no.. Maybe a float tool that causes all connected props to float and ascend/descend from conventional thrusters.
    It could have a health bar and as the props lose health the ship begins to descend, depending on where you hit it of course!
    I'm willing to provide ideas but I can't make anything, i'm useless like that :D