Lead's idea factory

Discussion in 'Naval Play Discussion' started by LeadBed, Aug 23, 2017.

1. LeadBed

LeadBed New Member

This is where anyone (me and you included) with an idea for improving naval play 2 can post their ideas. They can range to just about anything: new weapons, map features or how to resolve any current issues with the game one may have.

2. LeadBed

LeadBed New Member

Some ideas for items that can be sold at the shop in harbor.

1: Life preserver, a tool that when equipped prevents drowning but forces user above water (making them venerable to attack) and slows down movement speed. stamina does not regenerate ether.

2: Armour, one time buy per life. Increases max HP but slows user's speed and stamina regeneration.

3: blunder buss, shotgun style weapon but takes a while to reload.

4: spy glass, when equipped will allow the user to see enemy ships in greater detail and will show things like prop health or who the owner of the ship is. Could also mark the ship and track where it goes for a time.

Locko1997 likes this.
  3. Locko1997

Locko1997 Member
    Server Administrator

I find the life preserver and spy glass as some ideas i have never seen on the suggestions and they are actually very good but in the case of the spyglass we are kinda limited to enforce it. The zoom is not an issue but the map loads areas in a particular way called vVis, where the map defines which areas you can see when you are inside of them. You might have noticed this if flying on an airplane and looking at the sea, those squares of skybox that replace the sea texture is the result of a map rendering optimization metod that uses fog to limit rendering distance and hence being able to have computers to go faster since they need to render less stuff.

I think there is a workarround tho, but i'm kinda bussy with college at the moment but if i get a free time it might be a intresting idea to develop

4. LeadBed

LeadBed New Member

Thanks for the heads up, another idea I've had is like a throw-able powder keg that sticks to a ship when thrown. This could work two ways, it could stick to the ship and explode if someone shoots it (creates a kind of weak spot for other ships to exploit) or it could act like a sticky grenade, this would let players do something to a ship's hull and right now, no real way to damage a ship without cannons or turrets. Could also act as a weapon against enemy players as a way to even the odds.